- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (you can add a 1/2 teaspoon more of lemon extract to substitute if you dont have any lemons to peel)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup jam or jelly*
*I used Strawberry but feel free to top it with any kind that you like.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in eggs, extracts and lemon peel. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Coat bottom of a glass with cooking spray, then dip in sugar. Flatten cookies with prepared glass, redipping in sugar as needed.
- Place 1/4 teaspoon jelly in the center of each cookie. Bake at 400° for 8-10 (1 or 2 minutes less depending on your oven) minutes or until set (check for light golden brown edges). Remove to wire racks to cool.
This recipe makes about 30 cookies depending how big you make them.